Let’s imagine that you are sitting in your favorite spot on the living room couch. You know the spot, the one that you never want to get up from. Maybe you are reading a book or maybe you’re binge watching the entire season of Game of Thrones on Netflix. Off in the distance you hear what sounds like running water. Where is that coming from? Did you leave the faucet on again? Is the toilet running?
After searching the entire upstairs you check the basement. Oh no! There is water in the basement and it looks like it rising fast. What you thought was mild nuisance has now turned into a dilemma.
Do you know how what to do in a water damage cleanup crisis? Don’t panic! On Time Restoration has some tips on how you can prevent extensive water damage in your Greenfield home.
There are several things you can do on your own to minimize water damage. If you have any doubts about the safety of entering your basement call On Time Restoration and we will take care of the water damage cleanup in your Greenfield home.
What You Can Do:
- Does your basement have a sump pump? If so, make sure it is working properly.
- Does your basement have any floor drains? If so, make sure your drains are free of debris.
- Remove any belongings that you can.
- Do you know where the water is coming from? If it is a broken pipe or water heater turn off the source.
- The longer water is allowed to sit the more damage it will do. If water is left to permeate for 24 hours a high possibility that you will have to deal with mold and mildew.
On Time Restoration specialized in water damage cleanup in Greenfield. Our certified technicians have the experience, training and equipment necessary to quickly remove all the standing water in your basement.